Online therapy, also called Telemental Health is mental health therapy by a clinical social worker, counselor, psychologist or other trained mental health professional over the internet through video conferencing, telephone, email or text.
Here are reasons to consider telemental health services:
- *Ease and convenience
- *Reduces transportation and travel barriers
- *Accessible to people in remote/rural areas
- *Accessible to those with physical limitations
- *Easy access from the comfort of your home
- *Reduces work schedule conflicts
- *Great for busy professionals
- *Reduces stigma
- *Discuss embarrassing problems from the safety of your own home
- *Eliminates childcare challenges
If interested, ask your chosen clinicians about telemental health services via video conferencing (we do not currently use email or texting services).
***It’s important to note that not everyone is a suitable match for telemental health services. Your therapist will assess your needs to determine if telemental health is right for your unique situation and mental health needs. In-office sessions may be a better fit for some clients.
Currently licensed in Georgia and Utah. We will offer telemental health for Massachusetts and Tennessee coming soon!